Ottawa Comic Con: Anything for Ben Solo



Photo taken by https://www.instagram.com/mistymeadowsphotography/

Ottawa Comic Con: Anything for Ben Solo
by Jen Davies, nerd
Sept 16, 2026

You can see the IG Stories we posted here as Highlights: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18132942568645476/

And the best-ofs are here: 
(It's on all the socials at savebensolo.com if you prefer TikTok or whatever else.)


Last weekend I was in Ottawa for their annual Comic Con. It was a convenient halfway point more or less for me and my fan campaign friend who cosplays Leia from Star Wars, and we figured it was time to send Ben south with her to tour the US East Coast a little.

It was such a fantastic weekend! See the photos on social media (links above) - we had such a great time. Highlights included meeting Giancarlo Esposito, who was delightful. He co-starred in Megalopolis with Adam Driver, and he shook "Ben"'s hand without me asking!



My favourite thing about the two Comic Cons I have attended in the last year was the fan enthusiasm. It's just so special to spend time with people who just love their fandoms.


And the end of this Comic Con was bittersweet for me, but helpful for The Hunt for Ben Solo Fan Campaign, because I passed Ben along to "Leia" who is going to take him home to the US to see if folks can bring him to a few more events down there. I'm sure my spouse won't miss him, but I'm going to miss the jump-scares when we moved him around the house.




Will I get to another Convention anytime soon? I honestly don't know! I had not been to one in 25 years before March, and I only went because I had a purpose to be there (to bring Ben). I don't foresee a career in cosplaying, so without that purpose... I would guess no. But if Ben needs me somewhere I can get to, of course I'll find a way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dying isn't the hardest thing: Hunting for Ben Solo’s road to redemption in Adam Driver’s filmography and Steven Soderbergh’s narratives

Role-modelling through entertainment to save lives: Why Superman (2025) felt so good, and why making films like The Hunt for Ben Solo matters

What there is to appreciate about Tron: Ares, and a nod to Harlan Ellison's I, Robot Screenplay